Silkem’s areas of activity is divided into six programmes:
- synthetic zeolite, primarily aimed at the detergent industry and the chemicals industry
- silicates with application in the construction, detergent, paper and chemicals industries
- granulates (granulated synthetic zeolite and silicate) which are ingredients of detergents for washing machines, but which are also used in the chemicals industry
- calcinated aluminas, which form the basis of the production of refractory materials and which are also used in the ceramics industry
- sinter aluminas, mainly used for the manufacture of refractory materials, with further applications in the ceramics and petro-chemicals industries, as well as in foundries.
- manufacturing new products based on materials from the above groups.